Tuesday, April 14, 2009

6w, 1d: I suck at keeping babies alive.

Okay, so the quant only went up to 3474 yesterday, which is not even doubled from Friday (after 72 hours) at 1936. Not good news, folks. We still have to go to the ultrasound tomorrow to see what's going on, but I don't think we'll see a heartbeat... Wow, this sucks.

Editor's note: Since the quant did technically go up, things could be fine... It's just not a good sign at all.

UPDATE:
I've been doing some research on this over the past few hours and here's what I've found:
- WebMD says that from 1200-6000 hCG, the doubling time may slow to 72-96 hours, and after 6000, the doubling time may slow to even four days.
- My hCG doubled in 84 hours this past weekend, which Beta Base still says is within normal range

So Baby might still be fine - pray for that heartbeat to show up tomorrow, though, so that my worrying can lessen! I've been about to throw up all morning, and it's not from morning sickness.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

I am sure everything is fine. I hope it is. I will pray for you...ok prayer said. Stick baby stick!

M said...

I am so sorry you didn't get the best news. Praying it's just a fluke and tomorrow you will see a gorgeous heartbeat!

joy! said...

Praying . . .

Staci said...

Sayiing a prayer for you.

Shaina N said...

Praying hard!! Sending your sticky baby dust! Keep us updated!

Crysi said...

Thinking of you.

JReus said...

Hey Abbie, Hang in there. We're praying for you and baby too!
Love, Jen

Liz said...

Praying...praying...praying...hang in there! Rest in Christ's arms!!

Charity said...

Praying that all will be well at your appt. tomorrow!