Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Abbie's Dark Day

I don't know how many of you are Gilmore Girls fans, but if you are, do you remember the episode where Luke has a Dark Day (that Lorelai is just finding out about, but happens each year) - it's the day each year that he closes the diner, disappears, and never discusses this with anyone. Today is a dark day for me - my last one until my due date, hopefully - the day that I should have had my "big" ultrasound. Who schedules an 18 week ultrasound at 8 weeks, anyway?

We passed the bus this morning that in an alternate universe we would have been riding towards a wonderfully happy day. Yuck. It's the same bus that took us to our fateful ultrasound on December 9. I hate that bus, and I am so happy that we are leaving this place in 4.5 months so that I will never have to see it again. Stupid bus of unhappiness.

There's at least one other Baby Burnham out there, I found their blog once when I was trying to google my own, and his parents just found out yesterday that he is a boy. Seriously? Couldn't you have been a girl? That would have helped me just a little. Yeah, thanks, kid. (And just to prove how grumpy I am today, his poor parents went through three miscarriages before having IUI to have him. Yeah, I'm a nice person.)

What a sucky day.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm sorry. Make it through and tomorrow will be better (hopefully).

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand your feelings about other's happy news; no worries. Just know that I am praying for you and your husband as you are going through this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

I am honestly not looking forward to my (former) due date. Maybe by July the pain of this will have lessened somewhat and it won't be as bad as I'm fearing, but as it stands right now, it's going to be, just as you've termed it, a "dark day". (I like the sound of that, by the way).

It's amazing, what reminds us of our babies. I had to go buy raisins, the last time I went grocery shopping. I almost broke down and cried right in the store.

I hope you feel better :-)