Thursday, January 29, 2009

Do not be anxious.

I am a control freak. I like to plan everything, and I get very upset when things don't go exactly as I have planned. (Thus, getting our apartment lined up four months before we are moving. I'm moving onto learning how to buy a used car next!)

I am often reminded (by that still, small voice of God) of Philippians 4:6-7 when I am being anxious:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I need to stop practicing anxiety and start practicing prayer! Like a parent of a small child, God knows exactly what I need and when it is coming, even as I am pitching a fit about not having it right now.

God, grant me patience... now, please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uggh, you just described me in your post. It's hard to stop being a control freak; I wish you luck.