Monday, January 26, 2009

Question for all you non-doctors out there...

Question: Has anyone ever had an ovarian cramp in only one side that lasted from before their period straight through their period, through ovulation and kept going post-ovulation? This is not mittelschmerz - I felt that in my left ovary when I ovulated on Saturday, and this is in my right ovary. It's not constant, but I feel it almost every day, and it's getting worse as time goes on. I'm more concerned than normal because I just miscarried a few weeks ago - could this be something from that? The cyst I had during the pregnancy was on my left ovary, so unless the doctor meant her left, and not mine, I don't think it's that. Any clues?

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hmmm... Well I can say that my left ovary has been bothering me too for the past 2 days. I don't know why it would last that long though! If I were you I'd go to the dr just to make sure of cysts. I have been thinking of making an appt too but I haven't felt it yet today. I didn't have a cycle this month so I don't know what to think ya know!

I hope it goes away and its nothing to worry about...

~i~Melanie

Crysi said...

I started having that problem on the pill last summer. It felt like it was IN my right hip and would last for a couple weeks. I knew I wasn't ovulating, but it was the same feeling I get when I do.

I got that after I went off the pill too. It would happen around ovulation and last a bit, off and on. It was pretty awful. That was the whole reason I ended up getting an early u/s with this pregnancy because the pain was back and it wasn't going away. Not to mention, it felt like I was being stabbed too. Mine was ligaments stretching, but I have no idea why it happened before pregnancy or on the pill.

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same problem, though I don't think I'm ovulating yet. It's started to fade a bit, though,, and as far as I know I don't have any cysts. So in short, I don't know what it is :-)

tiglilygirl said...

I have had that problem on and off for the last couple week on one or the other side, I am just a little over five weeks pregnant now. Good luck!