Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not skip talking to my in-laws last week because I was spending hours putting together my cousin's Flat Stanley Goes to Boston book. I would never spend that much time on someone else's school project, thus making myself the most coveted cousin this side of the Mississippi. And I did not just figure out how to spell Mississippi by singing, "Em-Eye-Ess-Ess-Eye-Ess-Ess-Eye-Pee-Pee-Eye."

I did not start writing my 100th post several weeks ago, somewhere around the 70th post. I am not that on top of things (or maybe a better word is OCD)!

I did not reserve several books on fertility and fertility after miscarriage from the library. When I went to pick them up, I did not all of a sudden realize that, hmm, this woman is going to know that I just had a miscarriage, and then want to run away as fast as possible. Surely I would have thought about that long before getting to the counter. I did not thank God that she didn't speak almost any English, and did not pray that she had no idea what the word "miscarriage" meant.

I did not stay up far too late on Saturday night, since I recognized the time change, thus I did not exhaust myself before encountering the very grumpy three year olds in Sunday School who also did not stay up far too late on Saturday night. I did not take a nap for three hours yesterday evening, and I certainly was not then stuck awake past 2 am. Nope, not me!

I did not run away in fear from a pregnant woman yesterday. I did not excuse myself from the situation by saying that I needed a drink of water. And when I returned to find my friends still talking to said pregnant woman, I did not sit in the corner of the room, as far away as possible, and was not shaking while trying to be invisible. My biggest fear is not to meet a pregnant woman who is due on June 23, carrying a boy she is going to name Max.

And I would just like to say that this is definitely not true: 60%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?

1 comment:

JReus said...

Hey Abbie-- I realized you had an Elisabeth Elliot quote at the top of your blog...Did you know her daughter had a miscarriage very late in her pregnancy? I heard her talking on the radio about it...if you'd like, I could try to find it...
-J