Thursday, March 5, 2009

How to relieve cramping!

Okay, dude. This deserves a post in and of itself. Someone random in the hallway just showed me how to stop cramps (of the menstrual type) by putting some pressure on these spots on your hips. You find the spot by putting pressure on different locations until you find this spot that hurts (it's on the inside of my hip bone, it feels like the same hurt that you get if you push on your temple) and then hold it for two minutes and voila! No more cramps. I'm not even kidding - it totally took them away. I'll let you know how long it lasts.

UPDATE: It's wearing off now... I'd say about 5 hours of relief? Nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I should be getting cramps today, too! We can comiserate :) (My temp dropped this morning, which usually happens the day AF begins, which is also the day that I cramp.) I have begun to love heat therapy patches from CVS. They stick inside your clothes stay hot for at least 8 hours straight. They've been helpful to me when tylenol isn't enough.

Hope the pressure thing works long term!
Amy