Thursday, February 19, 2009

Great balls of fire!

Umm, 263 people visited here yesterday. It's amazing what can happen when you're one of the first commenters on a popular site like C Jane.

Okay, now that my real life friends hate me: Jamie, Jennifer, Amy, PLEASE read the update #2 below, I wasn't dissing you guys - you're the best friends a girl could ask for... Thanks for reading my blog because you love me so much and always want to know what's going on in my life! Thanks for messaging me or calling me to make sure I'm okay and to ask if you can do anything for me. Thanks for bringing me meals and getting me out of my house and for all of your prayers and time spent worrying about me. I love you girls, and I pray to God that none of you will ever be able to empathize with me about miscarrying your child!

Goodness gracious, great balls of fire! That is pretty much how I would describe the fiery pain going on in my ovaries - please, for my sake (and thus your own), OVULATE. You are ripping my innards apart (and soon, I'm going to be). I'm going to start having to pop Advil, which will then set my stomach on fire. I'm BEGGING you. I realize you're only a day late. But, please, please, O-V-U-L-A-T-E.

I HATE my "new normal" (cycle, that is). Can you tell?

Sorry, I think that may be the only thing I can focus on right now... because of the PAIN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that having a unique kind of support and empathy from online friends is grounds for hating you, so I guess I can still be your friend ;) Seriously though, I'm glad that you can have comfort from others in a way that we real life friends cannot provide. I do love reading your blog because I do want to know what is going on in your life, how you're feeling from day to day, etc. and it's harder to keep up with that sort of thing living 40 minutes away than it was when we lived 2 blocks away.

As I have been reading your posts lately, I have been comparing what has been happening in your cycle to my cycle this month and have found that your experience has been very similar to and just a day or two behind mine. I had what I believe was ovulation pain last night and my temperature rose this morning, so hopefully the pain will subside soon.

This cycle, I started to try to regulate my cycle with light, and last night was the first night I slept in complete darkness again.(The theory is that if you sleep in complete darkness nights 1-13 of your cycle, with a dim light on nights 14-16, and again in complete darkness on nights 17-the end of your cycle, then your periods will become more regular. The book in which I read this theory speculated that this could be because the light of the moon in undeveloped countries seems to regulate women's cycles such that they all ovulate during the full moon and menstruate together during the new moon, and that in developed countries, artificial lights at night can interfere with that regulation.) I'll let you know if the light regulation seems to work for me.

Love ya!
Real Life Friend Amy