Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May it be said of me...

"Lord, I am willing to-
Receive what you give,
Lack what you withhold,
Relinquish what you take."
-Anonymous

Am I willing to receive suffering and grief?
Am I willing to lack living children?
Am I willing to relinquish another child to Him?

Would I be more willing if I could make my heart understand that He alone is the giver of good things (Luke 11:9-13, James 1:17) and that my trials are joy, because they are creating perseverance in me (James 1:2-4)?

These and many more questions on my heart today as I start on the first round of injectible treatments.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow, deep questions and even deeper answers to grapple with. I know I've had to ask myself those same questions...and we know that in the end all of our trials will be joy as we look on the face of our Savior. (2 Cor. 4:16-18) I'll be praying for you today as you start treatments...