Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Update from Maryland

Hey all-

Thanks for your good wishes. We're doing well here in Maryland - we managed to buy our first "new" (used) car yesterday - a 2008 Toyota Corolla that's in mint condition. We were pretty excited to find it and both felt like it was our car when we saw it - love at first sight. :)

We got our driver's licenses, finally (after waiting for the post office to switch our locks so that we could get our mail with some updated addresses for address verification!) and that's a big relief. There's so many things on our to-do list every day; I'm really glad that Jonathan has this whole week off so that we can run around and get things done.

As for test results (drum roll, please)... Everything was negative. Which could be good news or it could be bad. It's hard to tell right now. So, we're hoping that everything is fine and that our next pregnancy will go well. No news on the pregnancy front - it's probably still too early to tell for this month (I didn't temp so I have no clue where I am right now), and it's nice that I'm not really worrying about it right now. In fact, I haven't taken a prenatal vitamin in weeks, so I should really get back on that!

I'm starting to realize how difficult it is going to be for me to make friends here. Our neighborhood appears to be full of older couples with children from 6-15 years, and we've only been to one church so far, which had no one our age (although we really liked the people, the worship and the sermon). Where do the 20-somethings hang out? Walmart? Hehe.

We love that our county library has free wi-fi! We've been able to (slowly) check our e-mail most days and it's enabling me to write to you now. We're holding out for Verizon Fios to go in our area on June 30th, which is why we don't have internet yet, and probably won't for a few more weeks - gulp!

Well, I'm signing off now - tons of things to do with our free hour of online time!

5 comments:

Staci said...

Thanks Abbie! John wouldn't let me blog about it until he had finished telling his brothers and sister...he's a little slow on calling people! He finally told his oldest brother the day before we left for Colorado last weekend and I didn't have a computer all week...UGH!

I hope that the "negatives" in your tests mean that everything is good and ready to cook :) I'll be praying that this next one is for keeps :) Best of luck settling in to your new home and getting everything situated.

Charity said...

Glad to hear you are getting settled into you new home! It's great news about the test, I will be praying for an extra sticky bean for ya!

Brooke said...

So glad to hear that you are doing well. I will pray that you are able to settle in and hopefully become pregnant soon. Gods plan is perfect.

Shaina N said...

I still think its funny that we're moving at the same time. Our bathroom is now livable... the rest of our apartment? Not so much. It's getting there!!

Congrats on the car and the license!! I hope everything continues to go well!

I'm scared about making friends in our new place as well! I'll pray for you!

Rene' said...

Welcome to Maryland!! I've recently stumbled upon your blog and have been reading regularly. I don't know what part of Maryland you are living in, but I've been here for about 15 years now. There are some great places to go for day trips if you have the time. Let me know if you need any suggestions. Best of luck to you in your new home and I pray everything goes well for you!