Monday, February 14, 2011

33 weeks: Happy birthday to me and three weeks to full term!

Happy birthday to me! Glad that my boys held out this long, and hoping they don't come for a few more weeks, although it would be fun to share a birthday.

We had a couple great appointments last week... The boys passed their first NST/BPP (now weekly because of the Gestational Diabetes), they are both head down now(!), and they are chunkers, both over 4 lbs. already! Baby A is 85th percentile, and weighed 4 lbs., 13 oz.; Baby B is 50th percentile at 4 lbs., 3 oz. Wow, those are good sized babies already!

I will be full term in three weeks and while I am wanting to get to that point, I hope they won't stay in much longer than that!
- I have developed PUPP (an itchy pregnancy rash) over the past week and so far nothing is working for relief! My birthday present to myself is calling my doctor today for a stronger, prescription remedy. The rash started on my belly, but is now on my wrists and will probably spread up my arms and down my legs, as well (according to the books). Oh the things we have to live with for our kids' sake. :-P It's kind of sad to be missing out on my last few weeks of good sleep because of a stupid rash!
- Also, my ankles have disappeared over the past two days... and I kind of liked my ankles. I woke up this morning with puffy eyes from lack of sleep and puffy lips (who knows why!) and I looked pretty awesome, not gonna lie.
- My knees are groaning under the 50 lb. weight gain that they have endured so far and I am ready to lose this weight and be normal sized again (I'd even take 25 lbs. less, that would be fine with me)! Gotta love the twin breastfeeding diet.
- Also, not going to lie, being able to freely eat chocolate and cupcakes and all means of sugar again means that I will probably be binging on those things for the first few days after birth.

We got the boys' dresser in this weekend, so I am ready to finish the last few items on our to-do list before they are born! I am going to start baby laundry (clothes and cloth diapers) today and hopefully the folks who are coming to clean our vents will come today or tomorrow so that I can wash the babies' sheets and get their beds ready, too! So excited to have things all set up for them... I can't believe how close it is now!

I love you babies so much and can't wait to see you soon!!! But not too soon. Three more weeks and then you can come at your leisure. LOVE YOU BOYS!

6 comments:

Crysi said...

My palms and wrists itched SO bad the last few weeks. It was awful.

Just a few weeks to go. You can do it!!

And I hope you have a Happy Birthday.

Staci said...

Get off your feet girl! That's why you can't see your ankles :) I had to start my maternity leave with my first about 3 weeks early because as a first grade teacher I was on my feet and walking all day. The 60-65lb weight gain on top of that made for some pretty shapeless legs! Take it easy and I hope you can find some relief (besides chldbirth) for the rash!!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Happy Birthday girlie!! I still can't believe you're having twins! God is so good!!

JReus said...

Ahhh!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you. Happy Birthday. :) Love, Jen

Brooke said...

Sounds like things are getting tougher but still the boys are baking and healthy which is so wonderful. I really hope you get some rest soon. I might suggest trying this salve that I use for literally everything. Its called Earth Mama Angel baby Bottom balm. All of the earth Mama products are wonderful for pregnancy and newborns. Check it out!

So since the boys are head down does that mean you will try for a natural delivery? I know now a days so many OB go straight for the scalpel when it comes to twins. What are you planning?

Abbie Burnham said...

Brooke: Yes, we get to try a natural delivery! Both our OB and MFM recommend that as the safest method of birthing twins, as long as Baby A is head down and larger than or the same size as Baby B. Thanks for the recommendation on the cream; I will try it, if this new prescription doesn't work!